Nashua Baptist Church had its beginning when the North American Baptist Publication Society sent a Chapel Car, "The Messenger of Peace," to the area in midsummer of 1908 with Rev. J. S. Davis in charge. It was set on a temporary siding in the rail yards at Nashua and the connection to the main line was removed so there would be no interruptions and the car would not interfere with switching operations of the railroad.
The railroad was known as the Quincy, Omaha & Kansas City Railroad. The main street through Nashua is now known as North Oak Trafficway. The depot and post office were the first buildings in Nashua built in 1894. The post office was located about a block north of the depot. The chapel car would seat 80 people and Rev. Davis began holding preaching services on Sunday morning and evening and began to seek out members of missionary Baptist Churches who lived in the community. This work went on for almost a year when the call went out for an organizational meeting, so on August 16, 1908, Nashua Baptist Church was organized.